The AWMA will be hosting an interactive seminar on “New Directions for Environmental Protection” – featuring expert practitioners in current environmental policies and regulations. This seminar will be an excellent opportunity to hear first-hand from senior federal public servants and industry representatives as they describe recent legislative and regulatory changes, and reflect on their experiences in implementing government decisions regarding environmental protection on air quality, climate change and environmental assessment.
There will also be an opportunity to:
- meet current A&WMA-OVC members and learn about the activities and events available through our local chapter
- network with fellow environmental professionals
- enter a free draw for a complimentary one year membership in the A&WMA, a $220 value!
- Date: Thursday, November 15, 2012
- Time: 4:30 – 5:00 pm Registration
- 5:00 – 6:30 pm Speaker Presentations & Q&A’s
- 6:30 – 7:30 pm Refreshments & Networking
- Location: University of Ottawa, Desmarais Building, Room 12102, 55 Laurier Ave E., Ottawa
- Cost: $20.00 per person, Payable online at http://www.awma-ovc.ca, or at the door.
Hurry up! Spaces are limited, please guarantee your spot by RSVP your attendance firstname.lastname@example.org and paying by November 13th
Matt Jones, Environment Canada, Director, Air Emissions Division, Industrial Sectors Directorate
John McCauley, Canadian Environmental Assessment Agency, Director Legislation and Regulatory Affairs
Sandra Schwartz, Canadian Electricity Association, Vice President, Policy Advocacy