Here are the details. The Young Environmental Professionals (YEP) is has gathered some people to talk about the growing Green Jobs market.
Who’s going to be there? Well, the list of speakers include:
- Carla Lipsig-Mummé, Principal Investigator, Work in Warming World project, (SSHRC / York University)
- Tanya Tucker, Director of Certification & Training, Environmental Careers Organization (ECO Canada)
- Celine Bak, author of Sustainable Development Technology, Canada’s 2010 Cleantech Growth & Go-to-Market report
- Melissa Creede, YEP board member
It all takes place from 5:30 pm – 6:30 pm on Thursday April 14th, 2011 at the Ottawa Public Libary Auditorium (120 Metcalf Street at Laurier). The cost is free for members of YEP or $5 for non-members (lifetime membership is $30) and they ask that you please RSVP to email@example.com
- Date: Thursday April 14, 2011
- Time: 5:30 pm to 6:30 pm
- Location: Ottawa Public Libary Auditorium (120 Metcalf Street at Laurier)
- Cost: free for YEP members, $5 for non-members (lifetime membership is $30)
- RSVP: firstname.lastname@example.org
I am very pleased to say that the ball has started to roll on the formation of a SEEDS chapter at the University of Ottawa! Hope you enjoy browsing our website and we look forward to your contributions!
Congratulations to Emily who has been awarded a $5000 scholarship from the AWMA! She’s a pretty big deal now but hopefully she’ll still hang out with us 🙂
To read more, head over to Carleton’s News announcements: http://www2.carleton.ca/cee/news/vingerhoeds-awarded-awma-scholarship/
Cool design to reuse water
Check out this cleaver design that allows you to reuse the water from your bathroom sink to flush your toilet. Its called the AQUS system and is described in more details here. What a great way to reduce our water usage… now, only if it didn’t cost almost $300!