Dr. Örmeci loves her job. She is an Associate Professor and a Canada Research Chair for the Department of Civil and Environmental Engineering at Carleton University. She wants to pass on some of her some of her knowledge and experience about finding an academic position with you! “How to Find and Academic Position in Science and Engineering” is a discussion with Dr. Banu Örmeci about the do’s and don’ts of applying for academic positions.
During the talk, Dr. Örmeci will cover:
- how to apply for a faculty position;
- how to write a CV and, research and teaching statements;
- how to prepare for the interview process;
- how to construct research presentations;
- how to prime for interview questions, and; how to negotiate your salary and start up package.
How to Find an Academic Position in Science and Engineering takes place on Thursday February 3rd 2011 from 12 p.m. (noon) to 1:00 p.m. in Mackenzie Building room 3444 (at Carleton University).
Please note that the room has reached capacity and the RSVP list has now been closed.